EUCF BID ALLOCATION SYSTEM
The best teams from each region play a three-day tournament to determine the European Club Champion. Bids to the annual EUCF are distributed according to prior results from the EUCFs and be announced on this website.
Bid allocation Rules Open
It is important for teams to do as well as possible at the EUCF tournament in order to earn their region an extra bid in the following year’s EUCF. A good showing by a region’s teams will ensure their region gets as many chances as possible to claim the championship.
If you are interested in computing the number of bids per region, follow the instructions in the appendix.
4 Wild Cards will be distributed among the regions as follow:
- No region may have more than 8 and less than 4 teams.
- Every region start in the next season with one bid less than initially.
- In order to get a wild card, the last team of a region must be better than the second last of another, which has more than 4 teams (starting from the top of the ranking).
- In case a region filled less bids than the minimum, the region(s) with the worst team(s) will pass it bid(s) to reach the minimum.
Bid allocation Rules for Women and Mixed
Women's and Mixed EUCF features 12 teams. The same rules apply, however, with 2 automatic bids per region and 2 wildcard bids being awarded.
Algorithm how to determine the number of bids per Region in the open division
- Line up the finishing order from the previos year.
- For every region with less than 2 participants last year, add spots to the bottom of the list to fill up to 2 teams.
- For every regin with more than 4 participants, delete the lowest teams to get back to 4.
- For every region with at 2-3 participants, label the lowest finisher with an L. For a region with 4 participants, label the lowest finisher with an X.
- For every region with at 3-4 participants, label the second lowest finisher with an S.
- Look at the lowest S.
If there are L which are higher, relabel the highest L with an X and add a spot for that region labeled X above the highest S below that spot. Relabel that lowest S with an X. Repeat this step until nothing happens anymore.
- Delete all labels from the first 2 spots of each region
- Delete the lowest teams labeled with S, L or X (unlabeled teams stay!) until exactly 12 teams remain.